1. How many U.S. states have wineries?
2. What wine did America’s Founding Fathers pour to toast the signing of The Declaration of Independence?
3. What country produces the most wine?
4. What country consumes the most wine?
5. What percentage of American wine does California produce?
6. What wine region in the world boasts the most expensive vineyard land?
7. What effect did the Russian Revolution have on Champagne?
8. How many bottles of wine can one ton of grapes produce?
9. What is the term for the space between the top of the wine and the bottom of the cork in a wine bottle?
10. How many calories does a 5-ounce glass of wine contain?
11. What did a friend of former CIA director Leon Panetta promise to do if the United States killed Osama bin Laden?
12. Zinfandel is often called a California grape, but where did it really originate?
13. How many kinds of wine grapes are in the world?
14. How much wine do Americans drink?
15. Where in the United States boasts the most wine consumed per person?
1. 50 states
4. United States
5. 90 percent
6. Bordeaux, where an acre of fine vineyard land can cost $800,000.
7. It caused the sweet wine-loving Russian market to close. As a result, Champagne began to be made as a drier wine, the style preferred by Champagne’s next major customer, Great Britain.
8. About 700 bottles
10. About 105 calories for red wine and 100 calories for white, both less than the same amount of beer (146 calories)
11. He opened a bottle of 1870 Château Lafite Rothschild (worth $10,000) at a dinner party Panetta hosted.
13. More than 10,000 varieties; about 1,300 varieties are actually used to make wine.
14. An average of 2.83 gallons of wine per year
15. Washington, D.C., with an average per-person consumption of almost seven gallons per year
Brewing long and deep at its center before radiating out to the rest of Europe, Vienna boasts an illustrious history and lasting intellectual impact. The Austrian capital dates back to Celtic and Romen rule, the latter inhabitants using the center city as a military hub among many other employments.
Whether taking a COVID-19 test before boarding a flight or looking up different travel restrictions before planning your trip, travel has looked a little bit different this past year. With all the extra steps for traveling, American Airlines is committed to finding ways to provide ease and more flexibility and choices for passengers when traveling.
Even in “normal” times, folks gravitate to wellness resorts to jumpstart a healthier lifestyle, destress and be nurtured. In this COVID-19-era state of elevated anxiety, people seek even more natural beauty and caring hospitality, healthy food, fitness activities and beauty and body treatments. Canyon Ranch Lenox also provides an extensive staff of experts offering a multitude of health, wellness and spiritual well-being modalities that alleviate personal issues.
Step right up to the greatest show on Earth as FXExpress Publications, Global Traveler, trazeetravel.com and whereverfamily.com celebrate their 2020 award winners! Join the big top on Dec. 14 as we virtually award the winners of the 17th annual GT Tested Reader Survey awards, including the Airline and Hotel of the Year; the 17th annual Wines on the Wing Airline Wine Survey; the eighth annual Leisure Lifestyle Awards; the sixth annual The Trazees; and the third annual Wherever Awards.
The lights of the aurora borealis appear frequently in the Fairbanks region of Alaska, with a growing number of Aurora Trackers in the area. A new video from Explore Fairbanks features five Fairbanks Aurora Trackers sharing their thoughts and photography on the northern lights.
Remote workers looking for an upgrade from their home offices might want to consider Karisma Hotels & Resorts’ Workcation offer. Those booking an extended stay of 10-plus nights are eligible for discounts of up to 15 percent off best available rates; those booking 20-plus nights enjoy up to 25 percent off. The offer is available at Karisma Hotels & Resorts’ diverse portfolio of properties.