1. How many U.S. states have wineries?
2. What wine did America’s Founding Fathers pour to toast the signing of The Declaration of Independence?
3. What country produces the most wine?
4. What country consumes the most wine?
5. What percentage of American wine does California produce?
6. What wine region in the world boasts the most expensive vineyard land?
7. What effect did the Russian Revolution have on Champagne?
8. How many bottles of wine can one ton of grapes produce?
9. What is the term for the space between the top of the wine and the bottom of the cork in a wine bottle?
10. How many calories does a 5-ounce glass of wine contain?
11. What did a friend of former CIA director Leon Panetta promise to do if the United States killed Osama bin Laden?
12. Zinfandel is often called a California grape, but where did it really originate?
13. How many kinds of wine grapes are in the world?
14. How much wine do Americans drink?
15. Where in the United States boasts the most wine consumed per person?
1. 50 states
4. United States
5. 90 percent
6. Bordeaux, where an acre of fine vineyard land can cost $800,000.
7. It caused the sweet wine-loving Russian market to close. As a result, Champagne began to be made as a drier wine, the style preferred by Champagne’s next major customer, Great Britain.
8. About 700 bottles
10. About 105 calories for red wine and 100 calories for white, both less than the same amount of beer (146 calories)
11. He opened a bottle of 1870 Château Lafite Rothschild (worth $10,000) at a dinner party Panetta hosted.
13. More than 10,000 varieties; about 1,300 varieties are actually used to make wine.
14. An average of 2.83 gallons of wine per year
15. Washington, D.C., with an average per-person consumption of almost seven gallons per year
Banyan Tree Group recently announced its first-ever expansion into Japan with five new properties across four concepts. The hospitality group’s partnership with Wealth Management Group saw Dhawa Yura and Garrya Nijo Castle launch in June, with two more properties slated to open now through 2026. Another partnership with Terraform Capital sees plans to build Cassia, a property in the ski resort of Niseko.
THE MOST EXCLUSIVE TOURS OF EGYPT EVER OFFERED
American Airlines Mobile ID creates a more seamless, touchless travel experience for American Airlines customers with TSA PreCheck. Recently started at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport, AAdvantage members with PreCheck can use Mobile ID at selected checkpoints to verify their identity. AA plans to deploy the technology at Miami (MIA), Phoenix (PHX), Washington, D.C. (DCA) and more later this year.
When American travelers make plans to visit Portugal, Lisbon is usually their first stop.
First opened in 1742 by George William Wilton, a seller of oysters, shrimp and cockles near Haymarket in London, Wiltons continued drawing diners with its delicious food for more than two centuries. This summer, Wiltons celebrates its 280th birthday and its place as one of London’s most beloved fine-dining establishments with a unique dining experience.
PONANT recently announced a new collaboration with Smithsonian Journeys for a series of co-branded sailings for 2023. Led by two Smithsonian Journeys experts, such as an art historian, solar astrophysicist or international relations expert, the 21 itineraries seek to deepen travelers’ immersion and knowledge of different destinations.
ISN’T IT TIME? It's time to treat yourself to the vacation you deserve, and Celebrity Cruises® offers the perfect escapes. With an award-winning fleet of ships that sail to more than 300 destinations around the world, Celebrity will take you almost anywhere you want to go in style. Enjoy stunning staterooms and suites, culinary experiences imagined by Michelin-starred chefs and intuitive service. Celebrity makes sure your vacation is effortless from the start, which is why drinks, WiFi and tips are Always IncludedSM on every sailing.
In honor of its 20th anniversary, Four Seasons Hotel Prague celebrates the beauty and eternity of this historic city with a limited-time stay offer. The Eternal Beauty offer includes a stay in one of the Premier River rooms, which boasts unique views of Prague, a limousine transfer and breakfast.