1. How many U.S. states have wineries?
2. What wine did America’s Founding Fathers pour to toast the signing of The Declaration of Independence?
3. What country produces the most wine?
4. What country consumes the most wine?
5. What percentage of American wine does California produce?
6. What wine region in the world boasts the most expensive vineyard land?
7. What effect did the Russian Revolution have on Champagne?
8. How many bottles of wine can one ton of grapes produce?
9. What is the term for the space between the top of the wine and the bottom of the cork in a wine bottle?
10. How many calories does a 5-ounce glass of wine contain?
11. What did a friend of former CIA director Leon Panetta promise to do if the United States killed Osama bin Laden?
12. Zinfandel is often called a California grape, but where did it really originate?
13. How many kinds of wine grapes are in the world?
14. How much wine do Americans drink?
15. Where in the United States boasts the most wine consumed per person?
1. 50 states
4. United States
5. 90 percent
6. Bordeaux, where an acre of fine vineyard land can cost $800,000.
7. It caused the sweet wine-loving Russian market to close. As a result, Champagne began to be made as a drier wine, the style preferred by Champagne’s next major customer, Great Britain.
8. About 700 bottles
10. About 105 calories for red wine and 100 calories for white, both less than the same amount of beer (146 calories)
11. He opened a bottle of 1870 Château Lafite Rothschild (worth $10,000) at a dinner party Panetta hosted.
13. More than 10,000 varieties; about 1,300 varieties are actually used to make wine.
14. An average of 2.83 gallons of wine per year
15. Washington, D.C., with an average per-person consumption of almost seven gallons per year
According to a recent study from Upgraded Points, pet friendliness is not created equally throughout 50 of the most popular vacation destinations in the United States.
Since 1970, Goway Travel has been committed to providing customized travel experiences for world travelers. Few things are better evidence of this commitment than being awarded the 2019 Trazees award for Favorite Tour Operator. Goway Travel heartily thanks the readers of Trazee Travel for this honor and for their confidence in Goway’s work in creating travel memories that’ll last a lifetime.
Expansion plans involving a new 14-gate concourse at Mineta San Jose International Airport in California must clear environmental review before moving forward.
Hyatt Regency Barcelona Tower opened following full renovations to its 280 guestrooms and public spaces. The property is the second Hyatt Regency in Spain. The hotel sits in a Barcelona skyline landmark, a 29-story tower topped with a glass dome that provides travelers with 360-degree views and an unparalleled dining experience.
United Airlines’ environmentally friendly efforts lessen the impact on local U.S. communities.
Opened this past November, Osaka Excel Tokyu Hotel rethinks the classic Japanese business hotel format in a delightful way. While the basic design concept is rooted in generations-old Japanese aesthetics, its wow factor comes from the interior designers’ approach of filtering them through a kaleidoscope. This effect is accomplished with ornate hexagonal lamps, carpeting with geometric shape motifs and pops of happy gold and blue hues. The lobby adds to that with a whimsical, but sophisticated mix of artwork and decorative ornaments, with a color palette and ornamentation that extends to 364 private rooms and suites throughout 17 floors.
The coronavirus continues to reign terror on the travel industry as a whole, especially with a focus on China and Asia-Pacific traffic. A new forecast from the International Air Transport Association predicts the first drop in global air traffic since 2003.
oneworld is an alliance of 13 world-leading airlines committed to providing the highest level of service and connecting you to more than 1,100 destinations around the world.
Reconnect with nature and step outside your comfort zone at Palmaïa, The House of AïA. The new Riviera Maya resort focuses on inner exploration and a respect for nature, offering visitors an array of experiences promoting self-discovery and spiritual wellness.