Arrive at the state-of-the-art Kuala Lumpur International Airport and hop aboard KLIA Ekspres (www.KLIAekspres.com). No need to rush. A train runs between the airport and KL (as Kuala Lumpur is more commonly known) about every 15 minutes. The fare is about $10 each way. This 28-minute nonstop ride transports you to KL Sentral (stesensentral.com) right in the heart of the city and its vibrant array of historic attractions, fabulous shops, great restaurants, luxury hotels and interesting bars and clubs.
1. Hop in a cab and head straight to Petronas Towers. As seen in the Sean Connery/Catherin Zeta-Jones movie “Entrapment,” the towers are the tallest twin buildings in the world. The state-of-the-art structure features more than 32.000 windows and rises through the clouds to a stunning height of 1,483 feet. The sky bridge,which joins the two towers at the 41st floor, is open to the public from 10 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. and from 3 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. daily except Mondays. A total of 1,280 complimentary tickets are offered daily on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 8:30 a.m. Get your ticket first, then plan your day accordingly.
2. If you’re assigned a morning visit to the bridge, stick around and check out Galleria Suria KLCC. Located at the base of the towers, it’s one of KL’s swankiest malls. Pop into Aesana (www.aseanamalaysia.com) for great gifts and Asian trinkets.
3. After visiting the sky bridge, it’s just a quick ride to the Sultan Abdul Samad Building. A city landmark that dates to 1897, the building once housed British government offices. Today, it’s home to KL’s Supreme Court.
4. Next stop, the city’s train station, located on Jalan Hishamuddin. The Moorish-style terminal dates to 1910. Across the street, visit the National Mosque, home to a 240-foot-high minaret.
5. Getting hungry? Grab a cab and head to the Menara Kuala Lumpur, the world’s fourt-largest telecommunications tower. Located in the tower at 925 feet above ground level, Restoran Seri Angkasa is a revolving restaurant that specializes in a wide array of local and Continental cuisine. Lunch (about $20 including the ride up to the tower) is served daily from noon to 2:30 p.m.
6.If heights aren’t your thing, stick to ground level and wander through Bintang Walk, where you’ll discover an abundance of restaurants, including The Regent Hotel, home to the award-winning Cantonese restaurant Lai Ching Yuen.
7.After lunch, make your way to the National Museum, located on the fringe of Taman Tasik Perdana, otherwise known as Kuala Lumpur’s Lake Garden District. This is the principle museum in the country and a great place to begin to explore its rich history.
All airplane flights begin on the ground. An airport is the starting point, but airspace issues continue to expand from the terrestrial to the aerial. Altitude is no barrier when countries claim sovereignty from the Earth to beyond the stratosphere.
IHG® Business Edge provides small- to midsized enterprises with benefits and confidence to navigate the evolving business travel environment.
Flanked by the ski resort-studded Balkan Mountains and situated directly downwind from the fragrant pine forests of the Vitosha mountain, Sofia’s gorgeous landscape and strategic location between Asia and Europe put it at a crossroads where business and pleasure intermingle effortlessly. In recent years Bulgaria’s capital city has ranked as one of the top 10 best places in the world for startup businesses, and the onslaught of new tax exemptions for businesses looking to invest in the country make it an attractive option for many corporations to begin operations within the city.
Finding a beachfront Punta Cana all-inclusive resort for all ages can be daunting when you want to take home great memories with loved ones but also experience a sophisticated escape. Now, you can have both thanks to a new resort: Finest Punta Cana.
Leovard skincare, formulated by Dr. Sheg Aranmolate, MD, uses natural ingredients to nourish skin, calm irritation, decrease wrinkles, hydrate and soothe — all while sanitizing skin of bacteria. Leovard’s 06 sanitizer is among a line a like-minded products, designed to ease the stress of environmental damage on our skin while cleansing.
Looking for an escape? Anse Chastanet in Saint Lucia is a one-of-a-kind, 49-room resort with views of the Pitons. The property’s Escape Sale offers travelers who book four nights or more before Aug. 31 the chance to save 35 percent on the entire stay. Book by Aug. 31, but the sale is valid for travel through Dec. 19. Rates start at $513 per night.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of Advocacy, small businesses create two-thirds of net new jobs and account for nearly 48 percent of the U.S. private sector workforce. And small- and medium-sized businesses outpace all other sectors as one of the fastest-growing in the United States. InterContinental® Hotels Group (IHG) goes above and beyond to create opportunities for this segment with its IHG® Business Edge program, voted Best Small- to Mid-Sized Business Program in Global Traveler’s 2019 GT Tested Reader Survey awards.
Beer lovers in particular will rejoice with this new offer from The Lion and the Rose Bed and Breakfast in Asheville, North Carolina, and it all starts with a complimentary, icy cold pint upon arrival.