1. Morgan Grays has infused its classic style into environmentally friendly bags. Its Green line sports organic canvas exteriors and organic cotton linings with vegetable-dyed trims. Laptop case, $590; large tote, $620; half duffel, $650. (www.morgangrays.com)
2. Light up a room with the natural beauty of Marsia Holzer’s driftwood lamps. From her kayak, the designer scours the beaches of the Hamptons to find the driftwood she crafts to form the base of each lamp. $1,200. (www.marsiaholzer.com)
3. Recuperate from the hassles of travel with a good night’s sleep on organic bedding from Vivetique. The Natural Aurora mattress is constructed from organic cotton, hemp, latex and Pure Grow wool. $4,800. (www.vivetique.com)
4. Fashioned from all-natural banana leaf fibers, luxury carpets by Nanette Lepore for Doris Leslie Blau add a lush vibe to any room. The organic fibers feel like silk and colors are derived from nontoxic dyes. 10 x 7 rug, $8,400. (www.dorisleslieblau.com)
5. Staples Cabinet Makers resurrects wood from razed barns, mills and houses to create one-of-a-kind furniture. The reclaimed wood takes on new life as functional art. Armoire with antique chestnut doors $3,295. (www.staplescabinetmakers.com)
Kathleen Plate has breathed new life into recycled glass with her innovative jewelry line. Each piece is handcrafted from beverage bottles. Coca-Cola recently commissioned Plate’s Smart Glass Jewelry to create its own exclusive line of baubles. Clear bracelet, $55. (www.smartglassjewelry.com)
Vail Resorts opted to close all 37 resorts early in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic, but the mountain resort operator also wanted to give back to the community in the face of this adversity. The excess perishable food from the various properties was donated to 30 local food banks, schools and community organizations in the communities where Vail Resorts employees live, work and play. Fruit, vegetables, cheese, juice, granola bars and more went to mountain communities from Colorado and Vermont to British Columbia.
oneworld is an alliance of 13 world-leading airlines committed to providing the highest level of service and connecting you to more than 1,100 destinations around the world.
The airline industry responds to the COVID-19 pandemic with updates on cancellations, route capacity reductions and rebooking policies. Here’s an update.
IN A FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND PARTNERSHIP, Singapore Airlines and AeroFarms, the leader in indoor vertical farming, launched a Farm-to-Plane initiative to bring the world’s freshest inflight produce to Singapore flights from Newark International Airport and John F. Kennedy International Airport.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of Advocacy, small businesses create two-thirds of net new jobs and account for nearly 48 percent of the U.S. private sector workforce. And small- and medium-sized businesses outpace all other sectors as one of the fastest-growing in the United States. InterContinental® Hotels Group (IHG) goes above and beyond to create opportunities for this segment with its IHG® Business Edge program, voted Best Small- to Mid-Sized Business Program in Global Traveler’s 2019 GT Tested Reader Survey awards.
While we may be physically restricted as to where we travel, that doesn’t stop the wandering spirit from feeling the need to explore. With the rise of virtual tourism, we can do just that — explore, but from home.
As a result of travel restrictions and drastic reductions in flights worldwide, Munich Airport is suffering from decreases in nearly every area of its operations. Take-offs and landings reached a low last week, with traffic plummeting to less than 10 percent of the number year over year. Passenger traffic is at 5 percent of last year’s level.
Since 1970, Goway Travel has been committed to providing customized travel experiences for world travelers. Few things are better evidence of this commitment than being awarded the 2019 Trazees award for Favorite Tour Operator. Goway Travel heartily thanks the readers of Trazee Travel for this honor and for their confidence in Goway’s work in creating travel memories that’ll last a lifetime.
For the next several weeks, we are compiling the thoughts and experiences of our staff, writers and readers about the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. As a travel publication, we’ve all been affected during these difficult times, as have many of our clients, friends, partners and more.