1. Morgan Grays has infused its classic style into environmentally friendly bags. Its Green line sports organic canvas exteriors and organic cotton linings with vegetable-dyed trims. Laptop case, $590; large tote, $620; half duffel, $650. (www.morgangrays.com)
2. Light up a room with the natural beauty of Marsia Holzer’s driftwood lamps. From her kayak, the designer scours the beaches of the Hamptons to find the driftwood she crafts to form the base of each lamp. $1,200. (www.marsiaholzer.com)
3. Recuperate from the hassles of travel with a good night’s sleep on organic bedding from Vivetique. The Natural Aurora mattress is constructed from organic cotton, hemp, latex and Pure Grow wool. $4,800. (www.vivetique.com)
4. Fashioned from all-natural banana leaf fibers, luxury carpets by Nanette Lepore for Doris Leslie Blau add a lush vibe to any room. The organic fibers feel like silk and colors are derived from nontoxic dyes. 10 x 7 rug, $8,400. (www.dorisleslieblau.com)
5. Staples Cabinet Makers resurrects wood from razed barns, mills and houses to create one-of-a-kind furniture. The reclaimed wood takes on new life as functional art. Armoire with antique chestnut doors $3,295. (www.staplescabinetmakers.com)
Kathleen Plate has breathed new life into recycled glass with her innovative jewelry line. Each piece is handcrafted from beverage bottles. Coca-Cola recently commissioned Plate’s Smart Glass Jewelry to create its own exclusive line of baubles. Clear bracelet, $55. (www.smartglassjewelry.com)
Exclusive Sailing with Global Traveler
Without visiting, it’d be easy to throw Chicago into any number of categories. Everyone thinks they know Chicago; after all, it’s the third-largest city in America, the most prestigious foodie city in the country, the city of jazz, a comedian’s playground, an architect’s dream, a writer’s paradise. The list goes on. Only when walking the streets themselves do you realize there’s nothing categorical about the Windy City, especially as it continues to evolve.
PHOTO: © ADRIAN OLSTAD
Discover why Global Traveler readers named Cunard® the Best Large-Ship Cruise Line for seven consecutive years. For a limited time, book your voyage during Cunard’s Explore with More promotion and take advantage of lower fares*, up to $1,200 Onboard Credit†, Free Specialty Dining for Two^, 50% Reduced Deposit††, and more. Choose from an array of exciting journeys, including Transatlantic Crossings and voyages to Alaska, the Caribbean and Canada & New England.
The Lanesborough, one of London’s most luxurious properties and part of Oetker Collection, offers a romantic afternoon tea experience alongside a hotel stay just in time for Valentine’s Day. Available Feb. 11, 12 and 14, Valentine’s Afternoon Tea features Rosé Champagne and a rose cake to share with that special someone.
Copa Airlines is celebrating its 75th anniversary by showcasing a Boeing 737-800 NG in an aircraft livery that harkened back to the airline’s look in the 1990s. During that time, Copa Airlines launched an expansion of their network to become the Hub of the Americas®, changing the way to travel to and connect in our Continent.
A deadly 7.8-magnitude earthquake struck Türkiye and Syria Feb. 6, with more than 11,000 fatalities thus far reported. That number is expected to grow as rescue operations continue.