1. Professionals won’t sacrifice style for convenience with Hartmann’s Expandable Mobile Traveler Office bag from the Advisor collection. Crafted from beautiful belting leather, this piece has three compartments including a triple expandable file and a removable computer sleeve. Available in natural, cognac or black. $855. (www.hartmann.com)
2. Toting your laptop in the Ellen bag is a fashion statement that trumpets your success and good taste. In addition to pockets for a computer and accessories, this bag from Theresa Kathryn has nooks for cell phones, pens, sunglasses, makeup, wallets and files. Available in black, cognac and snow. $495. (www.theresakathryn.com)
3. Transport your office to your next business meeting using the Rolling Lite by Pacific Design.Weighing in at less than five pounds, this compact rolling bag includes two padded pockets for your laptop, accessory pouch and several other compartments for stashing files, binders and even a change of clothes. $79.95. (www.pacificdesign.com)
4. Clear and mesh pockets make for easy packing and organization in the wheeled underseat carry-on bag from Travelon. A bonus bag allows for more space when needed. Available in black, red, khaki and blue. $119.99. (www.travelonbags.com)
5. Organization is a snap with Case Logic’s 15.4-inch rolling laptop case. A special compartment adjusts to snugly fit your laptop, and an easy-access pocket for valuables helps you breeze through security lines. CNR-15, $129.99. (www.caselogic.com)
6. The Grant messenger from Morgan Grays deserves a cushy spot underneath a first-class seat. Designed after a postal bag, it is fashioned out of black buffalo leather, trimmed with distressed espresso and lined with blond suede. $820. (www.morgangrays.com)
Deep Dive Dubai, home of the deepest swimming pool for diving in the world, opened in Dubai, in the Nad Al Sheba neighborhood. Guinness World Records verified the pool as the world’s deepest swimming pool for diving at a depth of 60.02 meters, or almost 197 feet, holding 14 million liters of water, equivalent to six Olympic-sized swimming pools.
The biggest names in the Middle East sporting community will gather for the Sports Industry Awards as the event returns for its eighth edition. SPIA recognizes the achievements of individuals, organizations, facilities and campaigns that contributed to the development of sport in the region.
Family gatherings are extra special this year and we chose to celebrate a milestone birthday in New Orleans. The JW Marriott New Orleans, across the street from the historic French Quarter, is ideally situated for exploring the city. Streetcars roll in front of the property and are especially fun for first-time visitors. Within a ¾-mile radius, we could walk to the National WWII Museum, Ogden Museum of Southern Art, Sazerac House, Harrah’s Casino, the Shops of Canal Place and numerous restaurants.
For the third year in a row, Regent Seven Seas Cruises broke the company’s world cruise opening day booking record. The 2024 World Cruise sold out around 11 a.m. on July 14, after going on sale that morning at 8:30 a.m. Fares started at $73,499 per guest for a deluxe veranda suite, up to $199,999 per guest for a master suite.
As more travelers return to the skies, American is here every step of the way to ensure an elevated and seamless journey. Experience flying freedom with AirPass, American’s all-inclusive, pre-paid travel membership program.
Aqua-Aston Hospitality, with hotels in Hawai’i, Florida and Costa Rica, introduced an intelligent text messaging platform at its hotels and resorts, streamlining real-time communication with guests. Since the mobile technology has been implemented, the platform has been successfully used to answer guest questions, manage check-in, deliver amenities, quickly communicate updates on services, send alerts and enable contact-less check-out.
As the vaccine rolls out and travel picks up, it’s time to start dreaming of your next trip. Here’s some destination inspiration for you. Take a visual journey through Okinawa with us.
The Sports Industry Awards returned with a bang last night as 200 guests packed the W Hotel Great Ball Room for the gala ceremony.
After more than a year of staying home and social distancing, Americans are ready to experience live entertainment again. According to Allianz Partners USA’s Vacation Confidence Index survey, 55 percent of Americans plan on attending at least one ticketed event before the end of 2021, with 16 percent planning to attend three or more events.