During my hospital stay last weekend, my nurse Stacie noticed I worked for Global Traveler and asked me my travel goals. I think her goal was to get my mind off my situation, which it did, but I took the question seriously and came up with a few lists.
- Williamsburg, Virginia — This is the definition of a living history museum. Jamestowne Settlement, the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier are at the top of my list to visit.
- Salem, Massachusetts — I would rely on my Salem resident friend, Sara Richard, to be my guide. I am sure the tour would include cemeteries, the Witch House and also some great restaurants.
- Hawaii — The most diverse of all the islands, the Big Island features lush grasslands, mountains and volcanoes. The natural beauty would force me to venture out daily.
- Aleutian Islands, Alaska — It’s remote and the weather can be harsh, but few spots offer better wildlife experiences.
- Grand Canyon National Park — Ever since watching The Brady Bunch go to the Grand Canyon, I have been mesmerized.
- Mount Rainier National Park, Washington — I would love to make the 14,410-foot climb to the summit. Also, this would give me a chance to see the Seattle Mariners, one of only three Major League Baseball teams I have not seen play at home.
- Atlanta, Georgia and Dallas, Texas (tie) — These are the two other MLB cities where I have not seen the hometown team play.
While I didn’t get to exchange my list with Stacie, her mission was accomplished. My weekend was still filled with tests and pain, but my thoughts were on travel.
— John Wroblewski, online writer
At FXExpress Publications, Inc., we can’t wait to #ComeBacktoTravel, and we can’t wait for the travel industry and others to #ComeBacktoGT. Join us over the next several weeks as we entice you with photos from some of the places we’re most excited to visit. Take a visual journey through some of Sedona’s most breathtaking sights with us.
The city took its name from Athena, goddess of wisdom, strategy and war, and protector of the city. The financial, political and administrative center of the country and an all-powerful city-state in antiquity, Athens is a major center of culture. A visit to the first-ever museum dedicated to Byzantium, a stroll around the National Garden and a trip to the Olympeion archaeological site will take you back through time.
Hotel Indigo Madrid Princesa opened in Madrid’s primary shopping district (temporarily closed due to COVID-19, but expected to open soon), adjacent to Parque del Oeste, giving first-time visitors to Madrid a perfect location for city exploration. The property offers more than 100 guestrooms, with two designs found throughout, both inspired by the natural greenery found in Parque del Oeste and reflecting the spring and fall seasons. In-room amenities include smart televisions and complimentary WiFi.
As states allow visitors again and travel picks up, airlines are starting to prepare for an influx in passengers by increasing cleaning schedules, preparing aircraft for flight and even taking the temperatures of passengers before boarding the plane.
United Airlines’ environmentally friendly efforts lessen the impact on local U.S. communities.
At FXExpress Publications, Inc., we can’t wait to #ComeBacktoTravel, and we can’t wait for the travel industry and others to #ComeBacktoGT. Join us over the next several weeks as we entice you with photos from some of the places we’re most excited to visit. Take a visual journey through some of London’s most breathtaking sights with us.
Saint Lucia announced a phased plan to reopen island tourism responsibly, beginning June 4. Phase One includes welcoming international flights at Hewanorra International Airport from the United States only. In preparation, 1,500 hotel rooms are being prepared to open. The approach to reopening continues through July 31.
Since 1970, Goway Travel has been committed to providing customized travel experiences for world travelers. Few things are better evidence of this commitment than being awarded the 2019 Trazees award for Favorite Tour Operator. Goway Travel heartily thanks the readers of Trazee Travel for this honor and for their confidence in Goway’s work in creating travel memories that’ll last a lifetime.
Karisma Hotels & Resorts, with luxury hotels in Latin America, the Caribbean and Europe, announced its Holidays for Your Heroes initiative. The program will donate 150 luxury, all-inclusive resort stays to essential workers and their families with its Karisma Foundation and partners.