With the upcoming 2022 FIFA World Cup, Nov. 20–Dec. 18, all eyes will turn to the Middle East, as Doha plays host to the first World Cup ever held in the Arab world. Just a 90-minute flight from Doha, Dubai will serve as the perfect destination and home base for travelers celebrating the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Here’s how travelers can take advantage:
- If you have tickets to a game, flydubai’s 30 Dubai-to-Doha daily roundtrips include complimentary transportation from the airport to any tournament-use Qatar stadium and back.
- Fan Zone by Basrati offers music, small bites and refreshments, alongside huge TV screens.
- Fan Zone at Zero Gravity opens at 10 a.m. for fans to watch games on massive screens at the beach.
- ISD World Cup Fanzone boasts activities arranged by Footlab, with VIP booking options available.
- Find raffles, competitions and more at Fan Zone at Soul Beach during all the matches.
- World of Sports Fanzone stays open late, until 2 a.m., offering interactive areas and tasty bites.
- The Football Park features huge TV screens, an open-air viewing deck and food from 300-plus outlets, plus games, activities and chauffeur service.
- Fanzone by McGettigan’s will have the U.A.E.’s largest screens, alongside food trucks, activations, live music and more.
- Jumeirah Emirates Tower Arena keeps things lively with food and beverage counters and live entertainment. Reserve tables in the VIP lounge area.
- Fanzone at Hilton Dubai Jumeirah can host up to 1,000 guests, and is split into four family-friendly areas, including Beach Stadium, Tiger Bar, Wavebreak Deck and the Garden.
Glamping is made more inclusive and effortless than ever at AutoCamp Joshua Tree, 38 miles outside of Palm Springs and a three-hour drive from Los Angeles. The design and layout of this multitasking camp — which can accommodate family groups and corporate retreats as readily as couples — puts guests front and center amidst the natural wonders and phenomena of the Coachella desert, even while providing creature comforts found at better hotels and practical features like well-appointed kitchenettes with basic cookware, towels and linens, and a fire pit with a grill.
Much of the global business travel industry has already made sustainable business travel a priority with a focus on reducing emissions and their environmental footprint. But the industry, as well as external stakeholders, such as policymakers, recognize more needs to be done.
Sonesta Hotels teamed up with Best Friends Animal Society to support the society’s mission to end homelessness for animals. To celebrate the collaboration, Sonesta Select properties will serve a complimentary, pet-inspired mocktail to guests. These hotels also offer opportunities for guests and team members to donate to help save the lives of dogs, cats and other animals.
Costa Rica prepares to welcome its first Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts property, slated to open in 2025. Waldorf Astoria Guanacaste will boast 190 guestrooms, as well as 25 Waldorf Astoria-branded residences, all offering sweeping views overlooking the ocean. A presidential suite will also grace the property.
West Coast travelers can now enjoy easier, more efficient access to the Cayman Islands thanks to a new airlift option via Cayman Airways Ltd. As of Nov. 6, Cayman Airways operates nonstop service from Los Angeles International Airport to Owen Roberts International Airport in Grand Cayman at an introductory fare of $399.
I sat in spellbound reverence, fixed to my rickety wooden chair in a Peruvian Amazon rain forest village. A local shaman welcomed our small group from the riverboat Zephyr to teach us about medicinal plants from the jungle. Then, blowing tobacco smoke from his cupped hands, he framed my body with a smoke shield as he blew it around my face and over my shoulders, all the while chanting his blessing from the forest.
ISN’T IT TIME? It's time to treat yourself to the vacation you deserve, and Celebrity Cruises® offers the perfect escapes. With an award-winning fleet of ships that sail to more than 300 destinations around the world, Celebrity will take you almost anywhere you want to go in style. Enjoy stunning staterooms and suites, culinary experiences imagined by Michelin-starred chefs and intuitive service. Celebrity makes sure your vacation is effortless from the start, which is why drinks, WiFi and tips are Always IncludedSM on every sailing.
It’s time to start dreaming of your next trip. Here’s some destination inspiration for you. Take a visual journey through these European winter markets with us.