VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- CONTEST PROMOTIONAL PERIOD. This special EL AL Israel Airlines USA contest promotion begins August 13, 2019 and ends on September 13, 2019 (“promotion period”). Each participant agrees to the rules of this contest promotion and the processing of their personal information outside of the United States and Canada. EL AL Israel Airlines USA has the right to cancel contest promotion at any time.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS. Eligibility to win one (1) roundtrip economy class prize ticket to Israel is based on enrollment in the Matmid Frequent Flyer Club program. There is no cost to be a member of the Matmid Club and no purchase is necessary. Contest promotion is offered and open only to legal residents of the United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of EL AL Israel Airlines, Global Traveler, as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, children, siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same household of such employees, are ineligible. Contest promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and accept decisions of EL AL Israel Airlines USA as final. The contest promotion is offered in the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) only and shall be construed and evaluated, according to U.S. and Canada federal, state and local laws.
- PRIZES/VALUE. One grand prize winner will win one (1) roundtrip economy class prize ticket on a nonstop EL AL flight from New York, (JFK/Newark), Boston, Miami, Los Angeles, Toronto, San Francisco or Las Vegas. The approximate value of the prize is $1200 – $1800 depending on travel dates and availability (up to $100 taxes per ticket are the responsibility of the winner). The available travel dates for the prize are: September 14 – 24, 2019, November 1 – December 15, 2019, January 11 – March 31, 2020, April 27 – June 15, 2020 and September 1 – 14, 2020. The prize of one (1) roundtrip economy class ticket is non-endorsable, non-refundable, non-transferable, cannot be redeemed for cash and is based on availability. The EL AL ticket is based on the rules and regulations of “E” economy class and is not valid for receiving frequent flyer points. Upgrading to a higher class of service with either money or points is not permitted. Once a ticket is issued, no changes are permitted.
- DRAWING. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received, which is unknown. The winner of the contest promotion will be selected and notified by EL AL Israel Airlines USA through the e-mail and/or phone number associated with their Matmid account by September 27, 2019. The winner must respond to EL AL Israel Airlines USA within two weeks and include all contact information (name, home/cell phone numbers, full mailing address, and email address). In the event that EL AL Israel Airlines USA does not receive confirmation from the winner within 2 weeks, an alternate winner will be selected and notified through the e-mail and/or phone number associated with their Matmid account. The winner must notify EL AL Israel Airlines USA within two weeks of notification and include all contact information (name, home/cell phone numbers, full mailing address, and email address). This procedure will continue until EL AL Israel Airlines USA notifies and receives confirmation from a winner. For a Canadian resident to be declared a winner, the selected potential contest winner must first answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, a mathematical skill-testing question posed by Sponsor as part of the potential winner’s affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. All entrants agree to allow EL AL Israel Airlines USA and/or its designees the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photo, and/or likeness (real or simulated), and statements for promotion, advertising, marketing and publicity purposes in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, including but not limited to on the world wide web and internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. In this regard, all entrants hereby agree to sign and deliver to EL AL Israel Airlines USA any and all documents that EL AL Israel Airlines USA may deem necessary or desirable in order to confirm such grant of publicity rights.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: EL AL Israel Airlines USA and Global Traveler are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent entries or email; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunctions. EL AL Israel Airlines USA and Global Traveler are not responsible for entries not received or delayed due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer or mobile device difficulties, or other technological glitches. By entering the contest promotion, entrant releases EL AL Israel Airlines USA and Global Traveler against any claims and liabilities arising from this contest/promotion.
- SPONSOR is EL AL Israel Airlines USA. Any questions or comments shall be directed to [email protected]
- RESULTS: For Contest results, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winner List – EL AL Israel Airlines USA, Attn: Manager – Social Media, 100 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005. Requests for the winner list must be received by October 11, 2019.
People need a “chance to get some well-needed rest, relaxation and fresh air.” This is a sentiment we all likely share, as does the European Commission, the executive branch of the European Union. The EC included that phrase when it released its plan to help reopen Europe following the COVID-19 global pandemic. While most EU borders remain closed to international travel until at least mid-June, the EC’s plan starts with inter-Europe travel, and are non-binding recommendations and guidelines. European countries still have the final decision, so travelers are advised to check the restrictions of the countries they plan to visit. According to the EC, “blanket restrictions of free movement are replaced by targeted measures.”
United Airlines’ environmentally friendly efforts lessen the impact on local U.S. communities.
The cruise industry responds to the COVID-19 pandemic with updates on cancellations and rebooking policies. Here’s an update.
The city took its name from Athena, goddess of wisdom, strategy and war, and protector of the city. The financial, political and administrative center of the country and an all-powerful city-state in antiquity, Athens is a major center of culture. A visit to the first-ever museum dedicated to Byzantium, a stroll around the National Garden and a trip to the Olympeion archaeological site will take you back through time.
One of Barcelona’s newest luxury hotels is located at the corner of modernity and tradition. As the name indicates, The Corner Hotel is situated on a flat corner in Barcelona’s L’Eixample neighborhood, a vast area of the city full of Modernist buildings and grid-like avenues.
MMGY Global Launches Travel Safety Barometer to Track U.S. Travelers’ Perception During Reopening Phase of Pandemic
MMGY Global launched its new Travel Safety Barometer, a sentiment tracking tool created for the travel and tourism industry to track American travelers’ perceptions of safety when it comes to specific travel behaviors as the country begins to reopen following the COVID-19 pandemic. Designed by MMGY’s Travel Intelligence research and insights division, the barometer is an information resource for business and leisure travelers and the travel industry.
oneworld is an alliance of 13 world-leading airlines committed to providing the highest level of service and connecting you to more than 1,100 destinations around the world.
United Airlines opened a Club lounge inside Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport in November 2019. The lounge, near gate C7 in the airport’s new terminal, seats 95 guests and offers free WiFi, and ample power outlets and USB ports. COVID-19 may temporarily affect the lounge’s operating hours and procedures.