VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- CONTEST PROMOTIONAL PERIOD. This special EL AL Israel Airlines USA contest promotion begins August 13, 2019 and ends on September 13, 2019 (“promotion period”). Each participant agrees to the rules of this contest promotion and the processing of their personal information outside of the United States and Canada. EL AL Israel Airlines USA has the right to cancel contest promotion at any time.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS. Eligibility to win one (1) roundtrip economy class prize ticket to Israel is based on enrollment in the Matmid Frequent Flyer Club program. There is no cost to be a member of the Matmid Club and no purchase is necessary. Contest promotion is offered and open only to legal residents of the United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of EL AL Israel Airlines, Global Traveler, as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, children, siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same household of such employees, are ineligible. Contest promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and accept decisions of EL AL Israel Airlines USA as final. The contest promotion is offered in the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) only and shall be construed and evaluated, according to U.S. and Canada federal, state and local laws.
- PRIZES/VALUE. One grand prize winner will win one (1) roundtrip economy class prize ticket on a nonstop EL AL flight from New York, (JFK/Newark), Boston, Miami, Los Angeles, Toronto, San Francisco or Las Vegas. The approximate value of the prize is $1200 – $1800 depending on travel dates and availability (up to $100 taxes per ticket are the responsibility of the winner). The available travel dates for the prize are: September 14 – 24, 2019, November 1 – December 15, 2019, January 11 – March 31, 2020, April 27 – June 15, 2020 and September 1 – 14, 2020. The prize of one (1) roundtrip economy class ticket is non-endorsable, non-refundable, non-transferable, cannot be redeemed for cash and is based on availability. The EL AL ticket is based on the rules and regulations of “E” economy class and is not valid for receiving frequent flyer points. Upgrading to a higher class of service with either money or points is not permitted. Once a ticket is issued, no changes are permitted.
- DRAWING. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received, which is unknown. The winner of the contest promotion will be selected and notified by EL AL Israel Airlines USA through the e-mail and/or phone number associated with their Matmid account by September 27, 2019. The winner must respond to EL AL Israel Airlines USA within two weeks and include all contact information (name, home/cell phone numbers, full mailing address, and email address). In the event that EL AL Israel Airlines USA does not receive confirmation from the winner within 2 weeks, an alternate winner will be selected and notified through the e-mail and/or phone number associated with their Matmid account. The winner must notify EL AL Israel Airlines USA within two weeks of notification and include all contact information (name, home/cell phone numbers, full mailing address, and email address). This procedure will continue until EL AL Israel Airlines USA notifies and receives confirmation from a winner. For a Canadian resident to be declared a winner, the selected potential contest winner must first answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, a mathematical skill-testing question posed by Sponsor as part of the potential winner’s affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. All entrants agree to allow EL AL Israel Airlines USA and/or its designees the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photo, and/or likeness (real or simulated), and statements for promotion, advertising, marketing and publicity purposes in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, including but not limited to on the world wide web and internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. In this regard, all entrants hereby agree to sign and deliver to EL AL Israel Airlines USA any and all documents that EL AL Israel Airlines USA may deem necessary or desirable in order to confirm such grant of publicity rights.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: EL AL Israel Airlines USA and Global Traveler are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent entries or email; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunctions. EL AL Israel Airlines USA and Global Traveler are not responsible for entries not received or delayed due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer or mobile device difficulties, or other technological glitches. By entering the contest promotion, entrant releases EL AL Israel Airlines USA and Global Traveler against any claims and liabilities arising from this contest/promotion.
- SPONSOR is EL AL Israel Airlines USA. Any questions or comments shall be directed to [email protected]
- RESULTS: For Contest results, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winner List – EL AL Israel Airlines USA, Attn: Manager – Social Media, 100 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005. Requests for the winner list must be received by October 11, 2019.
Welcome to Rhodes, a medieval treasure beautifully preserved throughout the centuries. Rhodes is the capital of the Dodecanese, an island ideal not only for those who want to relax, but also for those looking for an action-packed holiday! With its bright green hills, rich green valleys and uninterrupted line of golden beaches, Rhodes is truly a blessed place. “The sun island” has more sunshiny days and milder temperatures throughout the year than any other location in Greece. It is, after all, one of the country’s easternmost places and among the first to welcome summer on its impressive beaches. Add in the excellent facilities for tourism, the island’s special blend of cosmopolitan and traditional, and numerous cultural and archaeological sites, the most important being the Medieval (Old) Town, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and you’ve got the perfect holiday destination. While on Rhodes, don’t miss a daytrip to nearby Sými. An island of sponge divers and seamen, Sými used to have 30,000 inhabitants before the Second World War and was the richest island in the Dodecanese, despite its small size. Today, Sými attracts many visitors thanks to its beautifully preserved Neo-Classical buildings and the famous Archangel Michael monastery at Panormitis.
FOR THOSE OF US PASSIONATE about wellness pursuits and who feel most at peace close to the sea, there’s nothing quite like the synergy offered by a floating spa integrated into the setting of a luxurious cruise ship. I’m sailing through the Mediterranean from Rome to Barcelona, discovering along the way that the Crystal Life Spa & Beauty Salon on board the Crystal Serenity provides not only the element of high-end indulgence but also the cruise line’s signature commitment to attention and service.
CONSIDERING THAT JUST A LITTLE more than a century ago — 1910, to be exact — Miami’s population was only about 5,400 people, it’s easy to see why this South Florida hot spot has long been considered a boomtown. And the evolution continues to impress as the city gears up to welcome an array of new services, amenities and experiences.
United Airlines announces a number of new routes.
Ethiopian Airlines added a daily non-stop between Brussels (BRU) and Addis Ababa (ADD). The carrier previously made stopovers in Vienna (VIE) three days a week, increasing the journey time from seven hours to nine.
Thessaloniki is the second-largest city of Greece and the most important center of the area. Built near the sea, elegant and refined, the Greek “Lady of the North” is a modern, vivacious city that welcomes visitors eager to learn about its history and culture, and at the same time have fun, relax, go shopping or simply explore the cityscape by the sea.
Last month, British Airways announced plans to offset carbon emissions from all its flights within the United Kingdom. The initiative begins next year and carbon emissions are offset via the United Nations’ carbon offsetting scheme, which invests in carbon reduction projects around the world, such as reforestation and rainforest protection.