As travel returns and people look ahead to events, hotels and resorts recognize guests’ priorities and palates have shifted, with wellness and health more top of mind than ever before. Knowing a simple salad won’t satisfy attendees, The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and banquet chef Jeff Capurso debuted a refreshed menu to nourish the body, stimulate the tastebuds and fuel guests with energy.
The culinary team is taking a wellness-forward approach to reinvent classic cuisine with modern gastronomical techniques, including protein-packed plates and bites to satisfy attendees through days of meetings and events.
Highlights of the snack menu, designed to energize and motivate, include:
- Pistachio energy bites
- Avocado toast on oat-nut bread
- Pineapple, beet and lemon shooters
- Almond milk overnight oats, cinnamon, dried apples and coconut flakes
- Orange, grapefruit and hibiscus slushy
- Blueberry super shot
- Grapefruit, ginger and mint shooters
- Almond butter chocolate tartlets
- Parmesan pine nut honey crisp
- Soybean hummus topped with flax, chia, pumpkin and sesame seeds, grilled whole wheat pita
Highlights of the plant-based menu include:
- Artichoke and chickpea “crab” cake with citrus tarragon remoulade, brioche bun
- Ceviche of compressed watermelon, avocado and crispy leeks
- Jackfruit pulled pork with house peach BBQ, jalapeno slaw and a buttermilk biscuit
- Pan-seared Yassa tofu with West African peanut stew, Acha
- Orecchiette Bolognese with lentils, pine nuts, oyster mushrooms, San Marzano tomatoes and cinnamon basil cream
- Forbidden rice stir fry with purple cabbage, soy curls, JUST egg, snow peas and ginger tamari glaze
Love to laugh and travel? Join Just For Laughs in Cancún presented by Pollen Presents Nov. 3–7. This festival event brings together the relaxing accommodations of a 5-star resort and laugh-out-loud funny comedy sets for a long, unforgettable escape.
The Sports Industry Awards returned with a bang last night as 200 guests packed the W Hotel Great Ball Room for the gala ceremony.
A handful of historic towns in Texas Hill Country reinvented themselves as upscale food, wine and culture destinations. Fredericksburg is the shining star among them, transcending its historic German underpinnings to the point where it’s drawing a more cosmopolitan group of visitors, including many from outside Texas.
In an exclusive partnership, Lufthansa Group teams with Viking Cruises to offer the cruise line’s travelers direct, non-stop flights from the New York City area to Malta (MLA), beginning June 30. Flights will operate three times weekly on Lufthansa’s Airbus A350-900, departing from Newark Liberty International Airport.
The biggest names in the Middle East sporting community will gather for the Sports Industry Awards as the event returns for its eighth edition. SPIA recognizes the achievements of individuals, organizations, facilities and campaigns that contributed to the development of sport in the region.
Indianapolis International Airport officially opened its first-ever art gallery, The KIND Gallery, named after the airport’s international airport code. It is initially featuring artists from Harrison Center for the Arts.
As the vaccine rolls out and travel begins to pick up, it’s time to start dreaming of your next trip. Here’s some destination inspiration for you. Take a visual journey through Panama City with us.
The Franklin London Launches Afternoon Tea Inspired by Victoria & Albert Museum’s “Alice: Curiouser and Curiouser”
The Franklin London – Starhotels Collezione, located in the heart of Knightsbridge, launched a new afternoon tea inspired by the “Alice: Curiouser and Curiouser” exhibit at the nearby Victoria & Albert Museum. Diners booking the tea also have the option to book an offer including a pre-reserved ticket to the in-demand exhibition.