United MileagePlus is a winning solution for frequent flyers.
United MileagePlus® is more than your average loyalty program. MileagePlus allows members to earn miles during everyday activities and use them for trips, dining and more. But that’s just the start; check out the top 6 reasons why MileagePlus stands out among the competition and is the best loyalty program for you.
- Ease of use: As a MileagePlus member, you benefit from the program’s easy-to-use website and space availability for using award miles for both domestic and international tickets. Members can also use miles with a wide range of other partners.
- MileagePlus X app and more: The variety of MileagePlus partners ranges from hotel and car rental companies, like Hertz® and Marriott®, to everyday providers, like BP Driver Rewards, which is the only partnership of its kind in the U.S. With the MileagePlus X app, members earn up to five miles for every dollar spent on purchases at participating stores, restaurants and online retailers.
- MileagePlus Exclusives: For once-in-a-lifetime experiences that money can’t buy, you wouldn’t normally turn to your loyalty program, but you can with MileagePlus Exclusives. Members can bid on and use miles for uniquely United experiences, such as dining below a recently retired, iconic Boeing 747. Use miles to experience the best in sports, food, wine, travel, arts and entertainment.
- Co-branded credit cards: United relaunched the UnitedSM Explorer Card in June 2018. Cardmembers can accelerate their earnings with 2x miles at restaurants and on hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel. There is also the United MileagePlus Club Card, which offers a United ClubSM membership, Premier Access® and two free standard checked bags.
- A winning outlook: According to Luc Bondar, president of MileagePlus and vice president of loyalty for United Airlines, the future is bright. As he told Global Traveler, “The best way to fly United is as a member of MileagePlus, and we are focused on creating a better day of travel with a flexible, transparent program that creates value through increased award availability and a breadth of earning and redemption opportunities.”
- MileagePlus Premier® benefits: Premier members enjoy a comprehensive suite of benefits, including access to Complimentary Premier Upgrades, complimentary access to Economy Plus® seating, Premier Access to get you from check-in to your flight sooner, and a fee-waived checked baggage allowance for you and travel companions on the same reservation. Premier benefits are even more rewarding as you elevate status, including waived same-day changes for eligible tickets and a generous amount of Regional and Global Premier Upgrades to access premium cabins like United First® and United Polaris® business class for those who qualify.
Adventure tour operator Explore Worldwide recently conducted a study to find the most underrated travel experiences around the world. The operator analyzed more than 350 lesser-known destinations and experiences across more than 130 countries, ranking them based on how high its Trip Advisor score fared against how many people actually reviewed the activity and how many Google searches the experience received.
As the travel industry finds itself in the midst of the first peak travel season since the beginning of the pandemic, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts commissioned a survey of more than 1,200 U.S. consumers to learn more about business travel habits, learning 65 percent of Millennials, aged 25–44 years old, and 59 percent of Gen Z, ages 18–24 years old, prefer to work for a company offering frequent travel or flexible blended travel as a perk. Blended travel is the combination of business travel with leisure travel.
It’s time to start dreaming of your next trip. Here’s some destination inspiration for you. Take a visual journey through Buenos Aires, Argentina, with us.
Philadelphia International Airport announced a new Chase Sapphire Lounge by The Club is coming to the airport. Created in collaboration with PHL, MarketPlace PHL, Chase and Airport Dimensions, the 20,000-square-foot lounge space, in the airport’s Terminal D/E connector, will boast locally inspired décor and a curated menu.
Discover why Global Traveler readers named Cunard® the Best Large-Ship Cruise Line for seven consecutive years. For a limited time, book your voyage during Cunard’s Black Friday Sale promotion and take advantage of Reduced Fares*, up to $600 Onboard Credit^ per stateroom, and a 50% Reduced Deposit‡. Choose from an array of exciting journeys, including Transatlantic Crossings and voyages to Alaska, the Caribbean and Canada & New England.
At the end of October, Celebrity Cruises’ newest ship, Celebrity Beyond, arrived in New York City, marking its North American debut and beginning its inaugural U.S. season. I had the pleasure of exploring the ship while it was docked in Bayonne, New Jersey, and learning more about the transformational new ship with the first and American female captain, Kate McCue.
When American travelers make plans to visit Portugal, Lisbon is usually their first stop.
Looking for your next place to instill inspiration? These neighborhoods and hotels saw literary greats walk their corridors, from James Joyce to Oscar Wilde. Consider staying at these elegant properties and walking these destinations to experience the same influential nature these places had on some of the greatest writers in history.