United MileagePlus is a winning solution for frequent flyers.
United MileagePlus® is more than your average loyalty program. MileagePlus allows members to earn miles during everyday activities and use them for trips, dining and more. But that’s just the start; check out the top 6 reasons why MileagePlus stands out among the competition and is the best loyalty program for you.
- Ease of use: As a MileagePlus member, you benefit from the program’s easy-to-use website and space availability for using award miles for both domestic and international tickets. Members can also use miles with a wide range of other partners.
- MileagePlus X app and more: The variety of MileagePlus partners ranges from hotel and car rental companies, like Hertz® and Marriott®, to everyday providers, like BP Driver Rewards, which is the only partnership of its kind in the U.S. With the MileagePlus X app, members earn up to five miles for every dollar spent on purchases at participating stores, restaurants and online retailers.
- MileagePlus Exclusives: For once-in-a-lifetime experiences that money can’t buy, you wouldn’t normally turn to your loyalty program, but you can with MileagePlus Exclusives. Members can bid on and use miles for uniquely United experiences, such as dining below a recently retired, iconic Boeing 747. Use miles to experience the best in sports, food, wine, travel, arts and entertainment.
- Co-branded credit cards: United relaunched the UnitedSM Explorer Card in June 2018. Cardmembers can accelerate their earnings with 2x miles at restaurants and on hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel. There is also the United MileagePlus Club Card, which offers a United ClubSM membership, Premier Access® and two free standard checked bags.
- A winning outlook: According to Luc Bondar, president of MileagePlus and vice president of loyalty for United Airlines, the future is bright. As he told Global Traveler, “The best way to fly United is as a member of MileagePlus, and we are focused on creating a better day of travel with a flexible, transparent program that creates value through increased award availability and a breadth of earning and redemption opportunities.”
- MileagePlus Premier® benefits: Premier members enjoy a comprehensive suite of benefits, including access to Complimentary Premier Upgrades, complimentary access to Economy Plus® seating, Premier Access to get you from check-in to your flight sooner, and a fee-waived checked baggage allowance for you and travel companions on the same reservation. Premier benefits are even more rewarding as you elevate status, including waived same-day changes for eligible tickets and a generous amount of Regional and Global Premier Upgrades to access premium cabins like United First® and United Polaris® business class for those who qualify.
Get to know Mexico with ONE FREE NIGHT With Fiesta Americana Get to know Mexico with the largest hotel company in the country, offering more than 185 options in the best city and resort destinations. Book at any of our hotels with the best available rate at the time of booking and get one night free.
As part of Germany’s climate package, a plan to reduce emissions, the country will raise departure taxes at German airports. Taxes will go up as much as 60 percent, and are expected to raise up to €740 million. The funds will then be used to lower VAT on rail fares from 19 percent to 7 percent.
Norwegian Cruise Line took delivery of its newest ship, Norwegian Encore, ahead of its naming ceremony Nov. 21. The 1,100-foot-long ship boasts a guest capacity of nearly 4,000. Since Norwegian Cruise Line took delivery of the shi, Oct. 30, Norwegian Encore sailed from Germany to England before making its way to New York City, then Miami, where the christening ceremony takes place next week.
Experience a big-city hotel stay that doesn’t feel like your typical urban visit at Chicago’s Claridge House, nestled in the sought-after Gold Coast neighborhood. The hotel’s sophisticated décor and serene residential ambience foster the atmosphere of an oasis amid the hustle and bustle of a busy metropolis.
United Airlines announces a number of new routes.
Swiss-Belhotel International boasts an impressive portfolio throughout 22 countries, including 10 ASEAN member countries. This growth is continuing with the group’s new plans to debut four properties in Thailand.