United MileagePlus is a winning solution for frequent flyers.
United MileagePlus® is more than your average loyalty program. MileagePlus allows members to earn miles during everyday activities and use them for trips, dining and more. But that’s just the start; check out the top 6 reasons why MileagePlus stands out among the competition and is the best loyalty program for you.
- Ease of use: As a MileagePlus member, you benefit from the program’s easy-to-use website and space availability for using award miles for both domestic and international tickets. Members can also use miles with a wide range of other partners.
- MileagePlus X app and more: The variety of MileagePlus partners ranges from hotel and car rental companies, like Hertz® and Marriott®, to everyday providers, like BP Driver Rewards, which is the only partnership of its kind in the U.S. With the MileagePlus X app, members earn up to five miles for every dollar spent on purchases at participating stores, restaurants and online retailers.
- MileagePlus Exclusives: For once-in-a-lifetime experiences that money can’t buy, you wouldn’t normally turn to your loyalty program, but you can with MileagePlus Exclusives. Members can bid on and use miles for uniquely United experiences, such as dining below a recently retired, iconic Boeing 747. Use miles to experience the best in sports, food, wine, travel, arts and entertainment.
- Co-branded credit cards: United relaunched the UnitedSM Explorer Card in June 2018. Cardmembers can accelerate their earnings with 2x miles at restaurants and on hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel. There is also the United MileagePlus Club Card, which offers a United ClubSM membership, Premier Access® and two free standard checked bags.
- A winning outlook: According to Luc Bondar, president of MileagePlus and vice president of loyalty for United Airlines, the future is bright. As he told Global Traveler, “The best way to fly United is as a member of MileagePlus, and we are focused on creating a better day of travel with a flexible, transparent program that creates value through increased award availability and a breadth of earning and redemption opportunities.”
- MileagePlus Premier® benefits: Premier members enjoy a comprehensive suite of benefits, including access to Complimentary Premier Upgrades, complimentary access to Economy Plus® seating, Premier Access to get you from check-in to your flight sooner, and a fee-waived checked baggage allowance for you and travel companions on the same reservation. Premier benefits are even more rewarding as you elevate status, including waived same-day changes for eligible tickets and a generous amount of Regional and Global Premier Upgrades to access premium cabins like United First® and United Polaris® business class for those who qualify.
United Airlines announces a number of new routes.
Lufthansa is starting an innovative new carbon offset program, Compensaid, which will allow customers to purchase CO2 neutral aviation fuels. The platform allows customers to replace the fossil fuel of their flights with sustainable aviation fuel.
The Luxury Collection again teamed with artist Sofía Sanchez de Beta to unveil an exclusive capsule collection, this time with 54 pieces inspired by the Arabian Desert and Emirati culture. The ready-to-wear line includes an array of separates created with Dubai’s climate in mind, such as lightweight blouses and tunics, flowing jumpsuits, long skirts and dresses.
Welcome to Rhodes, a medieval treasure beautifully preserved throughout the centuries. Rhodes is the capital of the Dodecanese, an island ideal not only for those who want to relax, but also for those looking for an action-packed holiday! With its bright green hills, rich green valleys and uninterrupted line of golden beaches, Rhodes is truly a blessed place. “The sun island” has more sunshiny days and milder temperatures throughout the year than any other location in Greece. It is, after all, one of the country’s easternmost places and among the first to welcome summer on its impressive beaches. Add in the excellent facilities for tourism, the island’s special blend of cosmopolitan and traditional, and numerous cultural and archaeological sites, the most important being the Medieval (Old) Town, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and you’ve got the perfect holiday destination. While on Rhodes, don’t miss a daytrip to nearby Sými. An island of sponge divers and seamen, Sými used to have 30,000 inhabitants before the Second World War and was the richest island in the Dodecanese, despite its small size. Today, Sými attracts many visitors thanks to its beautifully preserved Neo-Classical buildings and the famous Archangel Michael monastery at Panormitis.
Singapore Airlines launched its non-stop service between Singapore (SIN) and Seattle (SEA), Sept. 3. Seattle is Singapore Airlines’ fourth U.S. destination following Los Angeles (LAX), New York (EWR) and San Francisco (SFO) to receive non-stop service to and from Singapore.
For those without accessibility issues, going to the beach can be simple. There’s nothing to do but pack up your gear, head to the shore and walk out onto the sand. For those who may be inhibited, however, the beach poses more of a challenge.
European hotel brand Kempinski is expanding into the Americas with a new luxury property in Dominica. Slated for an Oct. 14 opening, the Cabrits Resort & Spa Kempinski will be Dominica’s first 5-star hotel on the island and the brand’s second in the Caribbean.