United MileagePlus is a winning solution for frequent flyers.
United MileagePlus® is more than your average loyalty program. MileagePlus allows members to earn miles during everyday activities and use them for trips, dining and more. But that’s just the start; check out the top 6 reasons why MileagePlus stands out among the competition and is the best loyalty program for you.
- Ease of use: As a MileagePlus member, you benefit from the program’s easy-to-use website and space availability for using award miles for both domestic and international tickets. Members can also use miles with a wide range of other partners.
- MileagePlus X app and more: The variety of MileagePlus partners ranges from hotel and car rental companies, like Hertz® and Marriott®, to everyday providers, like BP Driver Rewards, which is the only partnership of its kind in the U.S. With the MileagePlus X app, members earn up to five miles for every dollar spent on purchases at participating stores, restaurants and online retailers.
- MileagePlus Exclusives: For once-in-a-lifetime experiences that money can’t buy, you wouldn’t normally turn to your loyalty program, but you can with MileagePlus Exclusives. Members can bid on and use miles for uniquely United experiences, such as dining below a recently retired, iconic Boeing 747. Use miles to experience the best in sports, food, wine, travel, arts and entertainment.
- Co-branded credit cards: United relaunched the UnitedSM Explorer Card in June 2018. Cardmembers can accelerate their earnings with 2x miles at restaurants and on hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel. There is also the United MileagePlus Club Card, which offers a United ClubSM membership, Premier Access® and two free standard checked bags.
- A winning outlook: According to Luc Bondar, president of MileagePlus and vice president of loyalty for United Airlines, the future is bright. As he told Global Traveler, “The best way to fly United is as a member of MileagePlus, and we are focused on creating a better day of travel with a flexible, transparent program that creates value through increased award availability and a breadth of earning and redemption opportunities.”
- MileagePlus Premier® benefits: Premier members enjoy a comprehensive suite of benefits, including access to Complimentary Premier Upgrades, complimentary access to Economy Plus® seating, Premier Access to get you from check-in to your flight sooner, and a fee-waived checked baggage allowance for you and travel companions on the same reservation. Premier benefits are even more rewarding as you elevate status, including waived same-day changes for eligible tickets and a generous amount of Regional and Global Premier Upgrades to access premium cabins like United First® and United Polaris® business class for those who qualify.
The Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla is opening its acclaimed doors Oct. 22 to celebrate its fifth and most exciting season. The resort will introduce new programming including culinary, fitness and music.
Without a doubt, the pandemic changed the role of airports in the travel industry. Hamad International Airport’s role evolved in many ways since the pandemic hit. Now, more than ever, airports are responsible for creating a secure passenger experience. As the gateway to Qatar and the world, the safety and wellbeing of staff and passengers has always been at the core of Hamad International Airport’s strategy.
Seabourn recently announced the name of its second new ultra-luxury purpose-built expedition ship: Seabourn Pursuit. The name reflects the passion of expedition travelers to seek out and explore natural wonders and destinations through activities around the globe.
Though the Chicago area has been my home for decades, the view from the Water Tower Suite on the 26th floor of The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago made me gasp. I had admired Chicago’s dramatic skyline many times, but never from this angle. Through expansive windows, the skyscrapers of 900 N. Michigan Ave. and the John Hancock Center, now named 875 North Michigan Avenue, rose to my right. Far below, the landmark Chicago Water Tower nestled in a ring of trees. One of the few survivors of the Great Chicago Fire, a turning point in the city’s history being remembered on its 150th anniversary in 2021, the Gothic Revival relic resembled a fairy-tale castle in a children’s playset.
History and culture are etched into every corner of Greece. Beginning with its language, the oldest written language still in existence, and moving from the traces of passing civilizations and religions to pre-historic findings and works from many movements, there’s a wealth of culture to discover on your next trip to Greece.
President Biden signed H.R. 2278, bipartisan legislation to designate a September 11th National Memorial Trail. The trail route will link the National September 11th Memorial and Museum in New York; the Pentagon Memorial in Arlington, Virginia; and the Flight 93 National Memorial in Somerset County, Pennsylvania.
In April 2021, I was skimming Facebook when an ad for a blind-folded dining experience popped up on my newsfeed. The event was hosted through a company called Fever that offers fun, interactive events in major cities and virtually for people to enjoy. Intrigued, I clicked the link to learn more. The description made the event sound exciting and mysterious. When I give someone a present for their birthday, the holidays or a wedding, I like to give the gift of an experience that the recipient can learn something from. My boyfriend’s 30th birthday was in June, when the event was to be hosted, so I thought this would be a great surprise for him.
GBTA’s Convention 2021 will bring the business travel industry together for the first time in a long time. Once again, you’ll learn and connect with experts and each other, along with discussions with leading thinkers, entrepreneurs and change makers addressing the issues that matter most.
It’s time to start dreaming of your next trip. Here’s some destination inspiration for you. Take a visual journey through Austin, Texas, with us.