United MileagePlus is a winning solution for frequent flyers.
United MileagePlus® is more than your average loyalty program. MileagePlus allows members to earn miles during everyday activities and use them for trips, dining and more. But that’s just the start; check out the top 6 reasons why MileagePlus stands out among the competition and is the best loyalty program for you.
- Ease of use: As a MileagePlus member, you benefit from the program’s easy-to-use website and space availability for using award miles for both domestic and international tickets. Members can also use miles with a wide range of other partners.
- MileagePlus X app and more: The variety of MileagePlus partners ranges from hotel and car rental companies, like Hertz® and Marriott®, to everyday providers, like BP Driver Rewards, which is the only partnership of its kind in the U.S. With the MileagePlus X app, members earn up to five miles for every dollar spent on purchases at participating stores, restaurants and online retailers.
- MileagePlus Exclusives: For once-in-a-lifetime experiences that money can’t buy, you wouldn’t normally turn to your loyalty program, but you can with MileagePlus Exclusives. Members can bid on and use miles for uniquely United experiences, such as dining below a recently retired, iconic Boeing 747. Use miles to experience the best in sports, food, wine, travel, arts and entertainment.
- Co-branded credit cards: United relaunched the UnitedSM Explorer Card in June 2018. Cardmembers can accelerate their earnings with 2x miles at restaurants and on hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel. There is also the United MileagePlus Club Card, which offers a United ClubSM membership, Premier Access® and two free standard checked bags.
- A winning outlook: According to Luc Bondar, president of MileagePlus and vice president of loyalty for United Airlines, the future is bright. As he told Global Traveler, “The best way to fly United is as a member of MileagePlus, and we are focused on creating a better day of travel with a flexible, transparent program that creates value through increased award availability and a breadth of earning and redemption opportunities.”
- MileagePlus Premier® benefits: Premier members enjoy a comprehensive suite of benefits, including access to Complimentary Premier Upgrades, complimentary access to Economy Plus® seating, Premier Access to get you from check-in to your flight sooner, and a fee-waived checked baggage allowance for you and travel companions on the same reservation. Premier benefits are even more rewarding as you elevate status, including waived same-day changes for eligible tickets and a generous amount of Regional and Global Premier Upgrades to access premium cabins like United First® and United Polaris® business class for those who qualify.
Looking for a city tour that goes beyond the basics? In Rome, local experts in everything from architecture to food and photography take guests on deep dives into their city, where they share not just their expertise but their passion.
Exclusive Sailing with Global Traveler
After an almost four-year redesign and expansion, Vienna’s popular Wien Museum Karlsplatz reopened its doors to visitors in late 2023. The original 1950s-era building, designed by noted Austrian architect Oswald Haerdtl, now has a new exterior and two additional floors.
At Hacienda AltaGracia, Auberge Resorts Collection, guests can uncover the secrets to a longer, happier and healthier life in the heart of Costa Rica with its new Blue Zone Immersion series. The three-month series runs from May 9 to July 31 and invites guests to explore individual pillars of the Blue Zone philosophy through workshops, local visiting masters and immersive programs. With each month comes a different theme, letting travelers pick which experience works best for them.
Reconnecting the World: GBTA Convention 2023 Spotlights the Vital Role of Business Travel and In-Person Connection
In an increasingly digital and interconnected world, the Global Business Travel Association (GBTA) Convention remains an indispensable platform for business travel industry professionals seeking to make the most of the power of face-to-face connections. Taking place August 13–15 in Dallas, the 2023 GBTA Convention provides the unique opportunity for professionals and companies to join visionaries, thought leaders and industry experts for meaningful networking, cutting-edge insights and inspiring innovation.
Incentive travel has long been a way for organizations to drive sales and reward employees with opulent trips to exotic destinations. Today it encompasses even more.
Treat yourself to the ultimate mid-week getaway at Hotel San Luis Obispo. The hotel’s Mid Weekend special blends luxury with adventure and great savings. Book the hotel’s two-night, mid-weekend offer and enjoy an exclusive 20 percent discount on guestrooms and suites.