For those who wanting to plan an unforgettable, relaxing vacation to Stowe, Vermont, Topnotch Resort offers five insider tips for planning the perfect stress-free getaway:
- Book your trip early and get your plans locked in — especially since many places and recreation areas operate at limited capacity and require reservations ahead of time. The best way to ensure a stress-free getaway is knowing availability in advance, as well as the best recreation options at top spots, including Stowe Mountain Resort.
- Consider planning your trip during the week. Midweek is a great time to visit Stowe, and offers easy social distancing. Quieter than weekends, midweek offers all the same amenities, but with shorter wait times and more space and privacy.
- Work from Stowe. With most people working from home, weekday travel is a bit easier for most families. The rooms and suites at Topnotch Resort are clean and perfect for a makeshift office. If you are traveling with a group, check out the Resort Homes, offering enough space for all.
- Balance work and play. The key to a stress-free getaway is the perfect balance of relaxation, concentration, work and play. Topnotch Resort offers guests everything they may need for a relaxing vacation. Start the day with a tennis lesson; head to The Roost for a delicious meal and a great view of Mount Mansfield; and end the workday with a massage or facial at Topnotch Spa.
- Get out and explore. Getting out and enjoying the fresh Vermont air is exactly what Stowe is all about. Located at Topnotch, Mountain Ops Outdoor Gear offers rentals for fat-tire biking, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and anything else you may need to enjoy the mountains. Don’t forget to ask advice on the secret spots the locals try to keep hidden.
Driving into Dallas during a rainstorm, we were eager to arrive at our destination. The valet parking at Marriott Dallas Uptown is underground and ideal for inclement weather. We took the elevator to the lobby and made our way to the registration desk. The staff wore masks, but still managed to convey a warm greeting. On the wall behind them hung a colorful piece of art made partially from reclaimed wood that depicts neighborhood scenes. The new hotel covers an entire block in a residential area and opened earlier this year.
The biggest names in the Middle East sporting community will gather for the Sports Industry Awards as the event returns for its eighth edition. SPIA recognizes the achievements of individuals, organizations, facilities and campaigns that contributed to the development of sport in the region.
Tripadvisor launched Tripadvisor Plus, an annual subscription that helps members become better travelers by saving them money so they can get more from their trips. For $99 per year, Tripadvisor Plus unlocks travel savings with one membership, including:
The Sports Industry Awards returned with a bang last night as 200 guests packed the W Hotel Great Ball Room for the gala ceremony.
Princess Cruises introduced a new on-demand service allowing cruise guests to call a crew member to their exact location to make an in-person assistance request. CrewCall is available on stateroom TVs, as well as the MedallionClass app, leveraging the OceanMedallion wearable to help the crew member locate the guest and be of service.
The global airline alliances — SkyTeam, oneworld and Star Alliance — are renewing their calls for governments to adopt aligned travel measures to safely restart international travel and global connectivity. The three alliances are specifically calling on G7 governments to agree on a common set of travel and health standards at their upcoming leadership summit, June 11–13.
Banyan Tree Group continues its global expansion with the upcoming June 15 opening of its first flagship property in Europe, Angsana Corfu Resort & Spa in Greece. The resort will boast 159 guestrooms and suites, and 37 one- to four-bedroom pool villas.