For those who wanting to plan an unforgettable, relaxing vacation to Stowe, Vermont, Topnotch Resort offers five insider tips for planning the perfect stress-free getaway:
- Book your trip early and get your plans locked in — especially since many places and recreation areas operate at limited capacity and require reservations ahead of time. The best way to ensure a stress-free getaway is knowing availability in advance, as well as the best recreation options at top spots, including Stowe Mountain Resort.
- Consider planning your trip during the week. Midweek is a great time to visit Stowe, and offers easy social distancing. Quieter than weekends, midweek offers all the same amenities, but with shorter wait times and more space and privacy.
- Work from Stowe. With most people working from home, weekday travel is a bit easier for most families. The rooms and suites at Topnotch Resort are clean and perfect for a makeshift office. If you are traveling with a group, check out the Resort Homes, offering enough space for all.
- Balance work and play. The key to a stress-free getaway is the perfect balance of relaxation, concentration, work and play. Topnotch Resort offers guests everything they may need for a relaxing vacation. Start the day with a tennis lesson; head to The Roost for a delicious meal and a great view of Mount Mansfield; and end the workday with a massage or facial at Topnotch Spa.
- Get out and explore. Getting out and enjoying the fresh Vermont air is exactly what Stowe is all about. Located at Topnotch, Mountain Ops Outdoor Gear offers rentals for fat-tire biking, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and anything else you may need to enjoy the mountains. Don’t forget to ask advice on the secret spots the locals try to keep hidden.
Brewing long and deep at its center before radiating out to the rest of Europe, Vienna boasts an illustrious history and lasting intellectual impact. The Austrian capital dates back to Celtic and Romen rule, the latter inhabitants using the center city as a military hub among many other employments.
Even in “normal” times, folks gravitate to wellness resorts to jumpstart a healthier lifestyle, destress and be nurtured. In this COVID-19-era state of elevated anxiety, people seek even more natural beauty and caring hospitality, healthy food, fitness activities and beauty and body treatments. Canyon Ranch Lenox also provides an extensive staff of experts offering a multitude of health, wellness and spiritual well-being modalities that alleviate personal issues.
I had just taken off my sandals, stepping onto the white-sand beach for a late-morning walk to a secluded spot I heard about from a front desk clerk, when I glanced down and saw the time on my phone. It had just turned 11 a.m., which meant it was only 7 am back home, the perfect time to call and say good morning to by husband before he left for work. Not quite ready to head back to my room, I decided I’d test the WiFi signal and made the call as I continued walking toward the shoreline.
Step right up to the greatest show on Earth as FXExpress Publications, Global Traveler, trazeetravel.com and whereverfamily.com celebrate their 2020 award winners! Join the big top on Dec. 14 as we virtually award the winners of the 17th annual GT Tested Reader Survey awards, including the Airline and Hotel of the Year; the 17th annual Wines on the Wing Airline Wine Survey; the eighth annual Leisure Lifestyle Awards; the sixth annual The Trazees; and the third annual Wherever Awards.
San Antonio celebrated 300 years of progress in May 2018. With a clear vision following that anniversary year, the Texan city set its sights firmly on 300 more. While commemorating this milestone, the city underwent a major overhaul to prepare for the next phase in its history.
Dance the night away with Grand Hotel’s Ballroom Dance offer, available May 16–18. Dancers of all skill levels will experience a diverse range of ballroom dance styles, alongside daily breakfast and dinner, a welcome reception and complimentary golf green fees.
ARRIVAL/CHECK-IN: We drove from Philadelphia to Washington, D.C., without a hitch in early October. In communication with the Conrad staff, I was directed to the CityCenter Garage, where I could park and recharge my car. It was right around the corner and convenient; from the garage it is a short walk to the front of the hotel. Check-in took place on the ground floor versus the lobby to reduce touch points during COVID-19. The staff politely greeted us and gave us our keys; I was in room 1027. From the ground floor we took the elevator to the lobby level and transferred to the elevator bank to the rooms.