Love a cityscape view? So do we, and these spots are some of our favorite elevated addresses in Zurich, whether for gazing or lingering with a glass of wine:
- Frau Gerolds Garten: This beer and kitchen garden started out as a temporary summer project, and has since become a favorite terrace meeting space for locals and visitors. The views include mountains and railway tracks, and winter weather means the doors to the quirky wooden terrace hut are open to provide a warm and cozy sanctuary with an open fireplace and a fondue menu.
- Quai 61: Located lakeside, this restaurant-bar-salon is suspended above the water with terrific views of mountain peaks; plus a yummy menu of local market ingredients prepared with an Italian twist.
- Hiltl Dachterrasse: Enjoy gourmet vegan and vegetarian fare or a sparkling aperitif at one of the city’s most beautiful addresses, high above the energetic Bahnhofstrasse shopping street.
- Rooftop Bar & Restaurant: This sixth-floor gathering place is a popular spot for delicious Asian-inspired cuisine and cocktails.
- Hard One: Sky-high clubbing doesn’t get any better than this rooftop dance spot, located in trendy Zurich West. There’s also a gorgeous green garden space for light bites.
- The View: In a great location near both the lake and opera house in the Seefeld district, the rooftop space in this classic neo-Baroque hotel building is home to the award-winning Restaurant Opera and spectacular views of Lake Zurich and Swiss Alps.
- Griederbar: Enjoy selections from a menu of gourmet snacks served up with stunning views of the Paradeplatz.
- bQm: Beer, pizza and the rooftops of Zurich are why insiders and locals flock to this rooftop terrace. The space is also used for live music; lectures and creative events; and fun-filled quiz nights.
- George Bar & Grill: You’ll find this elegant bar and lounge terrace space on the top-floor penthouse of the Haus Ober.
A popular Virginia stay, Massanutten Resort, is getting a big update this summer. The resort originally opened its doors in 2006.
Looking for a truly unique travel experience and considering a new vehicle? The Volvo Overseas Delivery Program is the perfect solution to create your own adventure of a lifetime. Volvo allows you to custom order your new automobile tailored to fit your needs and desires. They will fly you to Sweden to pick up your Volvo so you can drive and explore Scandinavia and Europe on your terms for up to two weeks.
JetBlue kicked off service to Guadeloupe (PTP) this month. Flights began Feb. 1 from New York City (JFK). JetBlue is the only airline to offer flights between the Northeast and the Caribbean island. Flights are around four and a half hours.
Since 1970, Goway Travel has been committed to providing customized travel experiences for world travelers. Few things are better evidence of this commitment than being awarded the 2019 Trazees award for Favorite Tour Operator. Goway Travel heartily thanks the readers of Trazee Travel for this honor and for their confidence in Goway’s work in creating travel memories that’ll last a lifetime.
Falling asleep in economy class can be a test of flexibility and patience, often depending on how tired you are. No matter how many ways your body contorts to sleep sitting upright, it’s hard to avoid the dreaded head drop, from little to no head support, that can easily jerk you (and your neighbor) awake.
United Airlines’ environmentally friendly efforts lessen the impact on local U.S. communities.
Heathrow Airport built a “bespoke set of anti-drone systems” around its airfield. The system, created by U.K.-based firm Operational Solutions, detects and tracks drones in surrounding airspace. The “new and innovative” system can also locate drone pilots and show their location.