Love a cityscape view? So do we, and these spots are some of our favorite elevated addresses in Zurich, whether for gazing or lingering with a glass of wine:
- Frau Gerolds Garten: This beer and kitchen garden started out as a temporary summer project, and has since become a favorite terrace meeting space for locals and visitors. The views include mountains and railway tracks, and winter weather means the doors to the quirky wooden terrace hut are open to provide a warm and cozy sanctuary with an open fireplace and a fondue menu.
- Quai 61: Located lakeside, this restaurant-bar-salon is suspended above the water with terrific views of mountain peaks; plus a yummy menu of local market ingredients prepared with an Italian twist.
- Hiltl Dachterrasse: Enjoy gourmet vegan and vegetarian fare or a sparkling aperitif at one of the city’s most beautiful addresses, high above the energetic Bahnhofstrasse shopping street.
- Rooftop Bar & Restaurant: This sixth-floor gathering place is a popular spot for delicious Asian-inspired cuisine and cocktails.
- Hard One: Sky-high clubbing doesn’t get any better than this rooftop dance spot, located in trendy Zurich West. There’s also a gorgeous green garden space for light bites.
- The View: In a great location near both the lake and opera house in the Seefeld district, the rooftop space in this classic neo-Baroque hotel building is home to the award-winning Restaurant Opera and spectacular views of Lake Zurich and Swiss Alps.
- Griederbar: Enjoy selections from a menu of gourmet snacks served up with stunning views of the Paradeplatz.
- bQm: Beer, pizza and the rooftops of Zurich are why insiders and locals flock to this rooftop terrace. The space is also used for live music; lectures and creative events; and fun-filled quiz nights.
- George Bar & Grill: You’ll find this elegant bar and lounge terrace space on the top-floor penthouse of the Haus Ober.
What happens when three of the six French nationals residing in San Antonio get together? If they happen to be from a long line of proud French gourmands from three different regions of the country, they take what they know and make it something proudly Texan, while still adhering to their separate and collective culinary roots. That’s exactly what happened as a result of those three — Executive Chef Laurent Réa of Strasbourg, Philippe Placé of Chartres, and Jérôme Sérot of Lyon — meeting 20 years ago.
Global business travel is making its way back, even as the pandemic and other world events continue to challenge its return. In a recent poll from the Global Business Travel Association, more than four in five respondents (86 percent) from across the industry said they feel more optimistic than they did at the beginning of the year. Business travel bookings, the need to travel to do business and employee willingness to travel are all on the rise.
Often referred to as the “Annexe of Buckingham Palace,” Claridge’s celebrates the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee with delicious specialty cocktails and the unveiling of Claridge’s archive for the first time ever. The Queen often visited the property over the years, from hosting a private family dinner to celebrating her ruby wedding anniversary with her late husband.
With Global Wellness Day approaching on June 12, Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Bungalows celebrates with a week-long series of programs focused on wellbeing. Running June 5–11, the program will include new wellness experiences, spa treatments, classes and specials centered around promoting physical and mental health.
Windstar Cruises canceled its scheduled cruises in Asia for the fall of 2022 as uncertainty remains in regards to ports reopening in the region. The cancellation affects seven scheduled Windstar Cruises itineraries on Star Breeze. Other itineraries affected include a crossing of the Pacific from Alaska to Japan, two Grand Japan sailings; Island Hopping through Japan; Windstar Crew Hometowns: Philippines and Indonesia; Hidden Indonesia & the Great Barrier Reef; and Edge of the Outback.
As a mom, you’re not allowed to pick favorites. With a growing baby in my belly and a toddler guiding my daily routines, my own favorites often take a back seat as I make the daily choice to swap healthy foods for junk food cravings and toddler tunes for windows-down, volume-up jams. But when I heard my favorite spa was relaunching its facial program, I felt zero guilt — of the mom variety or otherwise — about taking a morning off and booking myself a nice, long, rejuvenating facial at The Spa at Four Seasons Philadelphia at Comcast Center.
There’s no better time to plan the vacation you’ve been missing. Step aboard with your better half, your friends or the whole family and reconnect, reunite and rejoice with 25 percent off cruise fares for all guests. We’ll also help everyone get there with 25 percent off airfare from 20 major gateways across the country or $100 savings per person on flights from all other gateways when you book your air travel using Flights by Celebrity.*
Half-timbered houses cluster around old churches with needle- thin spires. Grassy paths lead into thick pine forests. Jagged, sheer-sided mountains frame peaceful Alpine meadows. Welcome to the Dolomites — 18 peaks rising to more than 10,000 feet in the northern Italian Alps — designated a UNESCO World Heritage site.