Calling all foodies! The first annual Food + Drink Experience, featuring more than a dozen well-known international chefs, takes place at Royalton CHIC Suites Cancun, Sept. 19–26. The event is curated by Blue Diamond Resorts, featuring 17 renowned chefs such as Aaron Sanchez and Ray “Dr. BBQ” Lampe. The week-long festival will showcase delicious cuisine and mixology demonstrations.
All week, there will be interactive experiences and entertainment, such as cooking exhibitions from Chef Ceasar Castaneda and Chef Jorge Valencia; a beach barbecue with Freddy Chi; a signature barbecue pairing hosted by Chef Ted Reader and Ray Lampe; and a Mexican Caribbean Tiki Mixology Competition.
Here are a few highlights throughout the week:
Sunday, Sept. 19
- Inaugural party
- First round of Mixology Competition
Monday, Sept. 20
- Culinary Demonstration of Racado Negro with Chef Roalia
- Burger Bar and Poutinerie with Ted Reader
- Culinary Demonstration of Gazpacho with Chef Zaraida Fernandez
- Mixology Session with Edson Friktiki Arzate
- Signature Paring Dinner with Chefs Cesar Castaneda and Dean Max
Tuesday, Sept. 21
- Culinary Demonstration of Cauliflower with Chef Cesar Castaneda
- Baja California Wood Fire BBQ with Chef Alfredo Romero
- Foam Party
- Tequila Tasting
- Mixology Session with David Araya
- Culinary Demonstration of duck tamales and roasted peach coulis with Chef Jorge Valencia
- Signature Pairing Dinner with Chefs Rick Moonen and Bernard Guillas
For more information and the full list of events, visit Royalton CHIC Suites Cancun’s website.
Awareness about fair and sustainable travel continues to grow around the globe, with travelers everywhere considering a destination’s eco-friendly options before visiting. As public consciousness for this important aspect of tourism strengthens, tourists also look beyond just ecotourism and delve deeper into types of travel that allow them to respect the local culture, interact with locals and distribute benefits fairly.
Without visiting, it’d be easy to throw Chicago into any number of categories. Everyone thinks they know Chicago; after all, it’s the third-largest city in America, the most prestigious foodie city in the country, the city of jazz, a comedian’s playground, an architect’s dream, a writer’s paradise. The list goes on. Only when walking the streets themselves do you realize there’s nothing categorical about the Windy City, especially as it continues to evolve.
PHOTO: © ADRIAN OLSTAD
Exclusive Sailing with Global Traveler
The Lanesborough, one of London’s most luxurious properties and part of Oetker Collection, offers a romantic afternoon tea experience alongside a hotel stay just in time for Valentine’s Day. Available Feb. 11, 12 and 14, Valentine’s Afternoon Tea features Rosé Champagne and a rose cake to share with that special someone.
FXExpress Traveler of the Year Contest 2023
A deadly 7.8-magnitude earthquake struck Türkiye and Syria Feb. 6, with more than 11,000 fatalities thus far reported. That number is expected to grow as rescue operations continue.