1. Do not search for flights on weekends: I have found Tuesday and Wednesday are the cheapest days to book flights, most likely due to website traffic and algorithms.
2. Avoid waiting until the last minute: If you find a good deal a month or two before your desired trip, pull the trigger. You likely will regret it later if you don’t.
3. But do not book too early: Unless you’re familiar with reasonable airfare to a particular destination, booking too early could also mean you pay the premium. If my flight is less than $75 per hour on a flight, it’s a good deal.
4. Only pick your vacation dates once you book your flight: I have found if I try to book flights for particular dates, I don’t stay within my budget because I’m stuck paying whatever the ticket price is for those days.
5. Pack snacks from home: Airport food could be better and is overpriced.
6. Are miles cheaper than dollars?: I have found paying out of pocket for flights is cheaper than using credit card miles. Sometimes the prices of tickets on your mobile apps for your credit card are significantly higher than on other booking platforms.
7. Look for promotion codes: A lot of times, airlines will have promo codes on Facebook if you book directly from their websites.
8. Checked Luggage: You will be surprised how much checked luggage can add to the overall price of your ticket. Southwest is the only domestic airline that allows a free checked bag to all passengers.
9. My favorite booking platforms to compare prices:
— Christyn Pek, business development executive
Read This Next
FX Excursions offers the chance for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in destinations around the world.
Recaro Aircraft Seating CL670 Business-Class Seat Takes Off on Iberia
Recaro’s new CL6720 business-class seat with doors took off recently on Iberia’s Airbus A350 cabin, flying Madrid (MAD) to Buenos Aires (EZE), with a total of 31 of the seats in the aircraft’s business-class cabin. The premium-economy and economy cabins also feature Recaro seats.
Enter to Win $500 and Get Six Months’ Free Access to the New GT App
Now through May 8, sign up for a free six-month trial of the Global Traveler app and be automatically entered for a chance to win a $500 gift card of your choice for Amazon, Apple or American Express.
4 New, Updated Restaurants Coming to London this Year
In a city where new hotels, restaurants and experiences emerge seemingly every day, it’s expected to feel overwhelmed when deciding where to dine. London consistently sees delicious and top-notch restaurants appear, but how can one possibly keep track of all the new and updated restaurants?
RomaniaMar 28, 2023
One of the World’s Largest Brâncuși Exhibitions Opens this September in Timișoara, Romania
Works of art signed by Constantin Brâncuşi, often called Romania’s best-known artist, takes place Sept. 30–Jan. 28, 2024 at National Art Museum Timișoara under exceptional security conditions. The art pieces will be transported to this Romanian city under guard, and the costs associated with the exhibition are expected to exceed $2.1 million. Out of that sum, approximately half will go toward the museum, which will host the event, while the other half will cover the exhibition itself. Timisoara was selected as a 2023 European Capital of Culture, and the exhibition will be one of the city’s major cultural events during the year.
FXExpress Traveler of the Year
FXExpress Traveler of the Year Contest 2023
Turkish Airlines Lounge Opens at John F. Kennedy International Airport
Turkish Airlines recently opened a new lounge in Terminal 1 of New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport. The airline operates three flights per day from the airport and now premium passengers have luxurious, comfortable and hospitable lounge amenities to enjoy in a renovated, rebranded space.
2 Spring Art Destinations to Visit in 2023
Spring Festival Fun in Virginia Beach
Viceroy Announces Partnership with Out & Equal
DailyMar 23, 2023
The Ritz-Carlton, Nikko in Japan Introduces Spring Experiences
The Ritz-Carlton, Nikko in Japan offers travelers exciting experiences this spring. Opened in July 2020, the property overlooks Lake Chūzenji and Mount Nantai in Japan’s Northern Kanto region. With cherry blossoms (Sakura) set to bloom in April, the area is the perfect destination for a spring getaway.
Share Your Travel Preferences with Global Traveler in a Short Survey & Win
Learning more about our readers’ travel habits and preferences ensures Global Traveler delivers the content you desire. As the travel industry has adapted and changed over the last few years, it’s more important than ever to connect. To best meet your short- and long-term travel content needs, please help us!
DailyMar 23, 2023
New Limited-Time Bonus Offers from Scenic, Emerald Cruises
Scenic Luxury Cruises and Emerald Cruises currently offer travelers savings of up to $500 per cabin and a 50 percent reduction on deposits on select 2023/2024 river and ocean itineraries. The offers are available through March 31 and can be combined with others, such as early-booking savings of up to $1,500 per couple and a Pay in Full bonus that includes free or reduced airfare options.