I recently received exciting news about Preferred Hotels & Resorts that I thought would be of great interest to our readers: Preferred, the world’s largest hotel brand, will welcome nine new launches in 2022 into its global portfolio of unique hotels, resorts and residences.
Here’s a closer look at the new additions to the Preferred portfolio:
- Pendry Park City: Launching in January 2022, the ski-in, ski-out Pendry Park City offers a modernist take on a traditional alpine lodge, with 153 guestrooms, suites and residences.
- Passalacqua: Coming in June 2022, the Lake Como, Italy, ultra-luxury mansion retreat will boast 24 stylish suites designed by Paolo, Antonella and Valentina de Santis.
- The Fullerton Ocean Park Hotel Hong Kong: Launching in summer 2022, the eco-conscious ocean-front resort will offer 425 guestrooms and suites overlooking the South China Sea.
- Sly Berlin: In summer 2022 Berlin’s coolest new hotel comes to the Friedrichshain neighborhood. Its 150 guestrooms and suites will be housed across four modernized buildings, connected by open courtyard spaces and a greenhouse.
- Sommerro: Oslo, Norway, welcomes the rebirth of a restored 1930s landmark in September 2022 in the historic Frogner neighborhood. Through a multimillion-dollar renovation, Sommerro is set to be Norway’s largest-ever preservation project.
- The Wall Street Hotel: In winter 2022 this hotel opens in the Tontine Building, the city’s first Stock Exchange in 1729. Guests will enjoy a stylish rooftop bar and lounge with outdoor terrace.
- Amrit Ocean Resort & Residences: Coming in April 2022, this wellness resort comprises more than seven acres of prime oceanfront on Palm Beach County’s Singer Island, boasting 155 guestrooms, 34 grand luxury wellness suites and a four-story spa.
- TOA Hotel Spa: Zanzibar welcomes this resort in May 2022; on the Indian Ocean, it will offer 86 guestrooms, eight suites, three swimming pools, a spa, a restaurant, three bars and a relaxed café.
- Pendry Washington D.C.: The nation’s capital will welcome Pendry Washington D.C. in fall 2022 at The Wharf, with its 131 guestrooms, three dining and bar concepts, a spa and indoor and outdoor meeting spaces.
Speaking of 2022, a very Happy New Year to all our readers and friends!
— Kim Krol Inlander, editor in chief
On National Cheese Lover’s Day, Azamara announced a brand-new land program offering travelers the opportunity to experience a cheese-making workshop on Mount Rigi in the Swiss Alps.
Nashville’s once-modest skyline continues to evolve as its luxury market grows. Lavish hotel properties are added to the landscape while acclaimed chefs stake claim in the robust culinary scene and premier cultural offerings round out the city’s repertoire.
© Props Luggage
Meeting planners looking for a more environmentally conscious destination for their next event need look no further: Barcelona is it. Fira de Barcelona, one of Europe’s most important trade event organizations, commits to making events greener at facilities like CCIB, the Barcelona International Convention Center. By looking to local wind and solar sources, among other natural processes, Barcelona makes a significant impact by leaving smaller carbon footprints in the future by using zero-mile, or entirely local, energy.
Copa Airlines is celebrating its 75th anniversary by showcasing a Boeing 737-800 NG in an aircraft livery that harkened back to the airline’s look in the 1990s. During that time, Copa Airlines launched an expansion of their network to become the Hub of the Americas®, changing the way to travel to and connect in our Continent.
Villa specialist Maya Luxe offers guests curated and bespoke accommodations in Mexico’s Riviera Maya. This local company works with companies in the region to provide unique itineraries for guests to enjoy, from tequila tastings to cooking classes to in-house spa services. Unlike other rental companies, Maya Luxe caters to a high-end market in which homeowners enjoy a concierge service to help them provide the best experience for guests.
The United Family of Cards from Chase recently teamed with Timeshifter, a circadian technology platform, to launch the Jet Set & Reset pledge and sweepstakes, exclusive to United MileagePlus members. Members who take the pledge in 2023 will be entered into a sweepstakes for a chance to win a prize from three potential prize categories.
Awareness about fair and sustainable travel continues to grow around the globe, with travelers everywhere considering a destination’s eco-friendly options before visiting. As public consciousness for this important aspect of tourism strengthens, tourists also look beyond just ecotourism and delve deeper into types of travel that allow them to respect the local culture, interact with locals and distribute benefits fairly.