As ACI EUROPE and leading European aviation associations recently detailed a plan to make sustainable aviation a reality, Munich Airport continues its work toward climate neutrality. In 2019, MUC was one of the first airports in Germany to sign a Net Zero Carbon resolution alongside more than 200 other European airports in 2019. The pledge aims to deliver net zero airport CO2 emissions by 2050.
Munich Airport’s ambitious climate action strategy began in 2009, and the airport has systemically reduced its CO2 emissions yearly since, with a goal to achieve CO2-neutral airport operations by no later than 2030. To help achieve its climate targets, the airport is investing a total of €150 million between now and 2030, and will progressively reduce CO2 emissions attributable to the airport by 60 percent, with the remaining 40 percent offset through compensatory measures.
The airport has already implemented more than 280 individual measures under this target, including investing substantially in electric mobility and switching to energy-saving LED technology. Passenger numbers in Munich rose from 28.6 million in 2005 to 48 million in 2019, CO2 emissions per passenger were reduced by 46 percent in the same time period.
The Hamilton Hotel, located steps from the White House, was the perfect place for a relaxing weekend getaway. Upon arrival, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful with a quick check-in process. The lobby was immaculate with shining marble flooring, velvet couches and an arched ceiling design that brought a sense of sophistication. For added security, the elevators are only accessible to those who have a key card to a guestroom.
Denver’s The Source Hotel offers its new Passport Program. Overnight guests receive The Source Passport at check-in and from there can enjoy restaurants and retail establishments across The Source Hotel + Market Hall with exclusive discounts. Exclusive discounts are available at The Woods, Safta, Reunion Bread, Beet & Yarrow, Melted and more.
Seabourn relaunched its Early Bonus Savings promotion. Guests who pay their booking in full by June 30, receive an additional 10 percent savings off the base cruise fare. The Seabourn promotion applies to select voyages departing on or after Nov. 1, and now includes voyages through fall 2022 and winter and spring 2023.
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa introduced its Work, Learn and Play From Hyatt Regency Maui’s Rooftop offer. For the Work aspect, guests have access to screen monitors, office supplies and printers to work from the rooftop. Learn with an astronomy lesson from NASA Ambassador Edward Mahoney. And for Play, enjoy dinner at sunset on the rooftop with a private stargazing experience.
TAP Air Portugal now offers all passengers COVID-19 testing service at Lisbon Airport at a discount. Depending on a destination’s various restrictions, the Rapid Antigen Test is €21; the PCR test is €85; and a PCR Test plus Rapid Antigen Test is €106. TAP customers enjoy priority access to this service.
Talk about a grand entrance! After driving across the state of Pennsylvania and spending the last 40 minutes of our journey in a snowstorm, Nemacolin’s The Chateau coming into view was a welcome and gorgeous sight. After stopping at a checkpoint where our temperatures were taken, we drove to the valet, where we were helped with our many bags (winter gear takes up a lot of luggage space!) and escorted into an equally gorgeous lobby, bedecked with red roses in a nod to Nemacolin’s recent gig as host venue for the latest season of The Bachelor. Given the late hour, the lobby was quiet and empty. We were offered Champagne at check-in and were quickly on our way to our guestroom.
INNSiDE by Meliá New York Nomad partners with Circle Line Cruises to invite locals to be tourists in their own city. Guests of the property will be given a 10 percent promo code for Circle Line’s Landmarks Cruise.